Fr. Joseph Tu Tran passed away at 8:30 a.m. Saturday, June 11, 2016 at Terrebonne General Medical Center surrounded by his family and his brother priests.
Funeral arrangements are as follows:
- Monday, June 13: Visitation from 5:00 - 9:00 p.m. at Chauvin Funeral Home, Houma
- Tuesday, June 14: Visitation from 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. at St. Francis de Sales Cathedral, Houma
- Tuesday, June 14: Funeral Mass at 11:00 a.m. at St. Francis de Sales Cathedral. Interment to follow at Priests Tomb, St. Francis de Sales Cemetery II
Getting to know Fr. Joseph
- Born on November 4, 1955 in Bien Hoa, Vietnam
- Ordained a Priest on May 22, 1999
- Associate Pastor of Our Lady of Prompt Succor Catholic Church in Golden Meadow from June 1999 thru February 2002
- Associate Pastor of St. Joseph Catholic Church in Chauvin from March 2002 thru June 2002
- Associate Pastor of Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Montegut and Associate Pastor of St. Charles Borromeo Catholic Church in Pointe-aux-Chenes from July 2002 thru June 2004
- Pastor of St. Charles Borromeo Catholic Church in Pointe-aux-Chenes from June 2004 thru November 2009
- Chaplain at Terrebonne General Medical Center in Houma from November 2009 thru June 2016
In a statement released immediately after Fr. Tran’s death, Bishop Shelton J. Fabre said:
"We are saddened by the loss of Fr. Joseph Tu Tran. He was a good priest. We continue to pray for Fr. Joseph and for his family. We thank God for his priestly ministry and for the many people who were blessed by him and his priesthood."
“Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace. Amen. May his soul, and the souls of all the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace. Amen.”