Volunteers are an essential part of the operation of the Good Samaritan Food Banks. Volunteers are needed to screen clients, sort, inspect food items, stock shelfs, pack orders and pick up donations. To volunteer at one of the Food Banks please call the manager.
Houma - 985-851-5523
Raceland - 985-537-7706
Thibodaux - 985-447-9776
Volunteers are an intregal component of the Center's operation. Volunteers are needed to sort and hang clothing, screen clients, stock food orders, pack food orders, organize the store and warehouse and checkout store customers.
Call 985-632-6859 to volunteer.
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Houma Thibodaux is looking for dedicated people to assist in the income tax preparation and e-filing process during tax season which runs from February 1st to April 15th every year. Catholic Charities sponsors the VITA program through a partnership with the Internal Revenue Service and Terrebonne Main Library.
No experience in tax law is required; training will be provided to ensure that all volunteers will have the knowledge necessary to help individuals and families with simple tax obligations prepare their federal and state tax returns.
Volunteer positions in our tax site include:
1. Greeters: these volunteers greet people . (Tax law knowledge is not required for this position.)
2. Intake Workers: these volunteers assist the taxpayer in determining if all paperwork is present to get their tax returns prepared and assist the taxpayer in ensuring the intake form is filled out completely. (Limited tax law knowledge is required for this position...we will train to ensure you have the necessary knowledge to complete this task.)
3. Volunteer Tax Preparers: these volunteers must know how to operate a computer keyboard in order to input taxpayer information into the computer software. (Tax law is required to know where to input the taxpayer's information and how to help the taxpayer get the most benefits for their particular tax situation. Training will be provided to ensure that all volunteers will have the necessary knowledge to perform this position.)
4. Quality Reviewers: these volunteers would assist the site by looking over the work of each volunteer tax preparer after each return has been completed. (More advanced tax law is required for this position. Training will be provided to ensure that these volunteers have the knowledge necessary to perform this position.)
5. Site Coordinator: this volunteer works to ensure the smooth operation of the site by ensuring that volunteer tax preparers are available to work on the days the site is open.
To join our Volunteer Family, please contact: Jennifer Gaudet - 985-876-0490 or email@example.com
Matthew 25 volunteers assist their church parish and people in need before, during and after disasters as they are able. Matthew 25 volunteers help their parish secure sacramental records and other irreplaceable items. They educate parishioners about disaster preparedness and help homebound people prepare their homes before a storm arrives. If they have not evacuated ( everyone is encouraged to heed mandatory evacuations) during a voluntary evacuation, they may help at local shelters. Following a storm, Mt. 25 volunteers help distribute disaster recovery food, water and supplies, conduct pastoral visits, and continue shelter volunteering. Matthew 25 volunteers are at the heart of our Catholic presence in our disaster preparedenss and response ministry.